The mission of the Flight to Excellence (FTE) educational field trip program is to optimize the use of the National Naval Aviation Museum as an educational tool for teachers and visiting students in grades K-12. The program achieves this by incorporating educational IMAX® movies and accompanying Teachers’ Walking Tour guides into a field trip. In addition to serving public, private and home-schooled students, we welcome Boy Scouts, Girls Scouts, church youth groups, YMCA, JROTC, Big Brothers/Big Sisters, etc.
For more information, please download our:
- Field Trip Planning Guide
- Self-Guided Walking Tour
- Field Trip registration form (up to October 1st)
- Field Trip registration form (after October 1st)
- Group Registration Form
Note: Backpacks and similar items are not allowed in the Museum (exceptions are small diaper bags, purses, camera bags, fanny packs and medicine bags); all bags are subject to search by the NAS Base Security and or visible inspection by Museum staff or qualified volunteers.
Teachers from Escambia and Santa Rosa Counties who have attended a Flight Adventure Deck teacher training session can schedule a field trip to bring their students to the Museum’s Flight Adventure Deck. Reservations should be made through the school district.
- Teachers’ Walking Tour
- Home Town USA Lesson Plan
- Scavenger Hunt Questions
- Scavenger Hunt Questions and Answers
- Teacher’s Guide: The Magic of Flight
- Teacher’s Guide: D-Day: Normandy 1944
- Teacher’s Guide: Rocky Mountain Express