Plan Your Visit
FREE Admission | FREE Parking | FREE Tours
*Hangar Bay One is currently closed for an extended maintenance period. We apologize to our visitors for this inconvenience and will provide updates on the building’s reopening as they become available.*
The National Naval Aviation Museum is located aboard Naval Air Station Pensacola, Florida, the Cradle of Naval Aviation. Established in 1914, NAS Pensacola is the oldest naval air station, and all Navy, Marine Corps and Coast Guard aviators and Naval Flight Officers pass through her gates. NAS Pensacola also serves as the home base for the world-famous Blue Angels Navy Flight Demonstration Squadron.
All visitors to the National Naval Aviation Museum, Fort Barrancas or the Pensacola Lighthouse, who do not possess a Department of Defense identification card or are not escorted by the holder of a Department of Defense identification card will be required to enter AND exit Naval Air Station Pensacola through the West Gate off Blue Angel Parkway. Click here for directions.
Visitors (16 years and older) must present valid identification for entry to the air station. Visitors riding motorcycles must wear a helmet, gloves, pants, a long sleeve shirt and hard sole shoes. Backpacks and similar items are not allowed in the Museum (exceptions are small diaper bags, purses, camera bags, fanny packs and medicine bags); all bags are subject to search by the NAS Base Security and or visible inspection by Museum staff or qualified volunteers. Concealed weapons are not allowed aboard NAS Pensacola.
Hours of Operation
The National Naval Aviation Museum is open daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., year-round, with the exception of Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s days.
Other operating hours:
- Hangar Bay One: Daily 9:15 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Flight Deck Store: Daily 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Cubi Bar Café: Daily 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Naval Aviation Memorial Giant Screen Theater: Open daily with movies beginning at the top of each hour starting at 10:00 a.m., the last movie showing at 4:00 p.m.
Parking at the National Naval Aviation Museum is free. The main parking lot is located on the west side of the Museum, with separate parking for buses and motor homes. To ensure the safety of your passengers, buses should load and unload from sidewalk areas. Parking spaces for those with disabilities are available near the Museum’s main entrance.
The National Naval Aviation Museum welcomes and accommodates persons with disabilities:
- A large parking area for persons with disabilities is available close to the entrance.
- Wheelchairs may be checked out at no charge at our Information Desk for use in the main Museum and Hangar Bay One.
- Handicapped accessible restrooms are available on the ground level in the Quarterdeck and West Wing.
- All drinking fountains are handicapped accessible.
- Two elevators are available to access the Second Deck.
- The Museum has ramps available for wheelchairs at each minor change in level.
- The Naval Aviation Memorial Giant Screen Theater has a seating area for those in wheelchairs with an elevator to reach that area.
- The Cubi Bar Café is handicapped accessible.
Guided tours are available daily and free of charge. Learn about Naval Aviation first hand from retired military volunteers who have lived the history! Tour groups meet at the Information Desk at the following times:
Daily — 9:30 a.m. | 11:00 a.m. | 1:00 p.m. | 2:30 p.m.
Flight Line Trolley Tours
A free 20-minute tours of the approximately 50 aircraft displayed on the flight line behind our restoration hangar. Tour tickets can be picked up at the Information Desk.
Daily – 10-00 a.m. | 11:00 a.m. | 1:00 p.m. | 2:00 p.m.
Self Guided Tours
Download the Self Guided Tour for individuals and groups who want to tour the Museum on their own.
Unique Dining — The Cubi Bar Café
Grab a bite to eat! The Cubi Bar Café is open daily serving soups, salads, deli sandwiches and dessert. The Café is not only a restaurant, but a popular Museum exhibit! The Café is decorated with the plaques and memorabilia of the famous Cubi Point Officers’ Club that was a major source of enjoyment for Navy and Marine Corps squadrons, ships and units as they passed into the Western Pacific.
Museum Reservations/Field Trips
The National Naval Aviation Museum is the picture-perfect setting for an assortment of events:
- Field Trips (visit our Education page)
- Daytime Reunions
- Military Ceremonies
- Meetings (Radford Lounge or WestPac Room
Please fill out the temporary daytime reservation request form to host your special event at the Museum.
- On-line Museum Daytime Special Event Form (this form is used for all requests except for field trips)
- Daytime Reunion Planning Guide
- Field Trip Forms
- Virtual Tour
We are proud of our fine attention to detail, which ensures our patrons an exceptional daytime reunion. If you would like additional information, our NNAM Reservation Coordinator is available to assist you in making your event a grand success. Please contact Diane Bell at (850) 453-2025, toll free (888) 627-4629, fax (850) 453-2018 or e-mail email@example.com.
**All special events must be sponsored by a military (active/retired/reserve) member.